Six Weeks Without a Post – An Explanation

I know my return has been eagerly anticipated by so many.  And, I’d like to claim that I have been out of action for a really noble reason like giving up blogging for Lent.  But, it was something significantly less glorious…I spent several weeks inventorying (not sure that’s a real word) and packing all of our things, putting 85% of them in a storage unit, loading the other 15% into our truck or minivan, and heading west for the smoke-filled skies of Albuquerque.

Now that we’ve arrived in the Land of Enchantment and spent a little bit of time getting settled in, I hope to get back to the discipline of writing one or two things a day while the search for long-term, productive, useful employment continues.

In the meantime, check out these pictures of the wildfire that, while it’s burning 175 miles from Albuquerque in eastern Arizona (and now, apparently, western New Mexico), is causing smoke to darken the usually blue skies of the Duke City.

Advertisements

2 responses to this post.

  1. Posted by Martha Torrez on June 17, 2011 at 1:39 am

    Hi Ryan,

    Welcome back. I found your blog and have read most of your posts, great writing.

    Wishing you the very best,

    Martha

    Reply

  2. Thanks, Martha. Good to be back. Hope to see you soon.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: